Those shoes were too cute to resist! Have you seen FabKids‘ clever advertisements and cute clothes and wondered if FabKids is worth trying? Well, Little Red and I tried out FabKids. So today, I’m giving you my honest review of Fabkids, the positives and negatives! You can then decide if FabKids is a good fit for you and your tweens!
FabKids is an online clothing store for kids. They carry size 2T-16 and have clothing, shoes and adorable accessories! Their stated focus is, “We’re on a mission to save you time, money and sanity.” By offering trendy clothes, easy ordering and returns, and customized outfits they hope to make shopping a little easier for parents!
My Honest Review of FabKids
A few things to know. Comfort and stylishness are probably what matter most to my daughter. For me, I prefer clothes that are on trend but also are made well. So our perspective when it comes to buying clothing is a bit different, but that will probably be to your advantage as we review the clothing.
I like to get straight to the point. So here it is. I would highly recommend FabKids. I only had a few concerns or negatives which I will detail more below in my review of Fabkids!
We did not receive any clothes for this review. However we will receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through our link. Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through a link The Reluctant Cowgirl will receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, used toward keeping this blog going. I only recommend products I appreciate and trust. Read all my disclosure here.
What We Purchased Through FabKids
The two pairs of shoes for $10 is what first caught my eye. I was a little nervous about purchasing through FabKids, but the shoes looked so cute, I decided to give them a try. We purchased a pair of grey canvas shoes and black fringed sandals.
The shoes were both sturdy and well-made. They felt comparable to a shoe you would buy at Target.
The grey canvas shoes Little Red started wearing right away, liking the look and fit of them. She still wears them a year later and they have held up well. The soles are nice and thick and the lining is still affixed inside despite my daughter NOT wearing socks. I believe I washed them one time, and they held up nicely through the washing.
While the black sandals didn’t fit right away, Little Red has worn them a lot this summer. She receives compliments on the cute fringe. Very stylish!
Later on, we purchased several dresses including a summer cold shoulder dress in a beautiful teal and a plaid that she wore at Christmas time!
A Few Things to Know About FabKids
FabKids is a membership online clothing store. When you sign up for FabKids, they will have you fill out a fun questionnaire on your kid’s style. I included my daughter in on the questionnaire because she loves doing that kind of quiz anyway. Then they will offer you ongoing suggestions. You are then in as a Fabkids’ VIP member.
You are enrolled into their FabKids’ membership program that charges you once a month. You have the option to OPT OUT of the payment each month by simply opening page and clicking the “opt-out” button. I typically opt-out most months. And the 2 times I forgot, I just saved the credit to shop for Christmas gifts and seasonal clothes.
While having to opt-out each month is a bit unlike any other clothing store, FabKids does make it super simply to do. And the times I forgot came in handy because it was like finding money squirreled away somewhere that you had forgotten! And you are free to cancel the membership at anytime:)
Things I Love About FabKids’ Clothing and Accessories
Here is a detailed list of the what I love about FabKids!
- On Trend Clothing – I love that they have very trending clothing, so I know that I am purchasing clothing that will add a bit of style to my daughter’s wardrobe.
- Clothing is Generously Cut and Modest – We found the dresses to have a generous amount of material. The dresses also seem to be longer by several inches as compared to department stores. We both appreciated that. And I liked that while the clothes are stylish, they still seem like they are made for girls or young ladies.
- Coordinated Outfits – You can buy a whole coordinated outfit or individual pieces. I found that helpful.
- Colors Seem True to Advertised – I was pleased with the colors and they seemed true to advertised.
- Quality Clothing at a Good Price – For the price, I was pleased with the clothing. We found the clothing and shoes to hold up well. And the accessories she purchased also lasted 2 seasons. My daughter was able to find clothes that were comfortable. She is more sensory aware when it comes to clothing. So I was happy that though the clothing isn’t seamless, the fabric was soft enough.
- Customer Service and Free Shipping – When I had a question, I was able to reach a real person on the phone. And I love that they offer free shipping when purchasing over $49!
- Packages in the mail – And of course who doesn’t love receiving packages in the mail. While the service was not speedy, it was fun for my daughter to receive packages in the mail! Plan on items taking 7-8 business days to arrive.
- Generous Sales – At Christmas time last year, I was able to buy lots of items due to all the sales. They do seem to run good sales clearing out seasonal items. And you are able to use your credit on ANY ITEMS.
Things I Don’t Like About FabKids
Here are a few things in my honest review of Fabkids that I didn’t like.
- Long Return Turn Around – We received a dress that had a hole where the stitching had been missed in the seam. I tried to get a new one sent to me. And while the lady on the phone was helpful, there wasn’t a real easy way to return item quickly. We ended up stitching the seam (or rather her Meme did:) and it only took her a few minutes. Since item had been on sale, it was the last one. So I didn’t want to wait to return it and then pick something new out.
- You Can’t Try Item On – We received one dress and the fabric was so textured that I knew Little Red was never going to wear it. So while most of the clothing was described well, you can run the risk of getting items your kids won’t wear. Since it was a sale item, we decided it would be great to add the new dress to our Operation Christmas Child Shoebox service project we enjoy doing each year!
Read here for this simple family Christmas service project and start saving items now!
My Honest Review of FabKids
Since Fabkids is strictly an online clothing store, they have definitely tried to master the process of shopping online. The outfits and how to coordinate them is clearly displayed with beautiful pics and suggestions. In my opinion, they are succeeding at making mom’s hectic schedule a little easier by saving time shopping and scrolling online to find what is trending.
Fabkids in my honest review is definitely worth trying!
Have you ever tried Fabkids before?
[…] Find my FULL review of FabKids here! […]